Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WELCOMES LORE

Lore is killing it in the UK at the moment and sending through the goods! The Loons proudly welcome his rad journalistic skills to the team! click here to see his previous exclusive Loons coverage


Creature Skate Comp/promo, Sat 11 June, Clissold Park, London, UK.

**************************************************
G'day \\WTL//

On the morning of Saturday the 11th June I woke up and wanted to go skating. When I moved over to London I didn't bring a board with me. It's progressively got to me and all I want to do is go and shred the pavement and at least snap an ollie. 

My blonde friend Lexi detailed a location of a good quality skate shop around the corner from where I live. The shop front is littered with skate imagery and logos (you cannot really miss it). The little shop is run by one bloke. He kind of looks like a rugged, skate-gnarled santa clause. He's there and has presents for skaters (for a price). The shop is called "Three Amigos Skate Shop" and has some rad little bits and pieces. 

Anyway, enough with the advertisement. I asked the Amigo if he knew of any events going. Sure enough there happened to be two events running that day, opposite sides of London. There was the Supra promo/demo with Muska and the Supra skate team. I'm kinda pissed that I missed this event. However, I'm sure there are plenty to come. Then there was the Creature Crusade, Skate team: Darren Navarette, Al Partanen, Sam Hitz, Stu Graham, Taylor Bingaman, Alex Horn and Adrian Mallory, with UK Creature heads Colin Adam, Ben Devine, Carl Wilson, Mark Munson and Marc Churchill. shredding up in Clissold Park.


On the subway with my camera bag, out and on a bus towards the bowels. Lexi and I decided to go the long way around the park, as it's fucking massive. Eventually talking to a groundsman that pointed us in the right direction.

Fucking big park.



We got there and it was just warming up. The smell of weed filled the air. Punk-rock music blared out of the little Marshal amp that was supplied. Beers, babes, blokes and boards littered the surrounding area, everyone excited and contented with the upcoming Creature Demo/Comp. Apparently I was famous and I signed some deck for these kids. Funny, I didn't realise that I was wearing my Creature top. 

A Celebrity? Not really. I was just there. 




There is not really a whole lot to write about skaters in a bowl. Up and down. Stacks and some radical shreds. However, there was some awesome action and some speckies from the Creature UK Crew. There was a good atmosphere, and apart from some black kid having a go at some white dude, all was pretty sweet. Everyone cheered and supported the locals and the invaders. boards slapping and "ooh" and "aaah" and "wooo!" made it a good afternoon of some typical skatemosphere. 




I liked the word that I used there: "Shredtastic." 

There are more events coming up in the summer in London. I'll keep on the beat and attend as much as I can. Meanwhile, sit back and relax and enjoy the flicks. 



Until then: Peace.

**************************************************
- Lore Danger, 12/6/11, 18h11

**************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment