Monday, August 29, 2011

GOLD MINE MONDAYS












Ben Cox is a name not only well known in Tasmania but all over the country - with a style and bag of tricks to kill for it shouldn't surprise you in the slightest.  Ben is one of very few people born to do a certain something with their lives and I honestly believe Ben was born to skate.  His skateboarding and lifestyle is as raw as it comes - in my mind along with many others Ben is at a legendary status.  Many skate tourist passing through Tasmania always ask about Ben & can never seem to express how far ahead of his era he actually was, forever stating without doubt Ben would have taken his skate career the whole way if he had have kept the drive.  

This part still holds it down to the standards of todays skateboarding.


Ps If your at your local, see some unknown face roll in - back over krooks the barely touched park rail first shot and not give a single fuck - you have most likely en counted Ben Cox.


Shred on! 

1 comment:

  1. I have long admired Ben Cox and grew up skating against him in competitions.Some of his style I must admit I have stolen and blended with my own. .So as of Sept,2016 I must make amends and have announced on my Wikipedia page that I will sponsor that OG and underground legend.Cheers! Dustin Dollin P.S I love Tasmanian skateboarding and will tour soon-keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete