Thursday, October 27, 2011

AAHHH BEER!



*****************************************************
BEER REVIEW
Wednesday Night with the DONK!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011

*****************************************************
Brewery: Corsendonk
Make: Dubbel, Corsendonk Pater
Volume: 7.5%
Per unit: £3.20

*****************************************************

The Donk?

Well, firstly I'm not too sure about this drop. It has subtle flavours and doesn't seem to jump out at you until you leave the next sip for a bit. I feel that this beer has a lot to offer if you're not looking for something that's going to slay you with robust taste.

Now wait a shredding picking minute, I initially don't like this beer. There is, however, something good about it and I'm not sure where to put my tongue on it. It gives off similarities to blood – you know that taste when you cut yourself and then suck the blood; that iron/metallic taste. Not saying that it tastes like blood, but has that taint. I find that it has a some similarity to Guinness, but not as thick. It's got the punch and flavour of the G, but a hell of a lot stronger. I also find that there is a lot less burnt sugar, disregarding the colour of the beer. It tastes quite sweet. This is where i'm not sure that I like it.

I bet the monks in Belgium were sitting around all drunk one day and discussed and deliberated over their next creation. One, who seemed the drunkest bellowed "Let's make one batch and cut back the time it takes to make our 'normal' and add a fuck load of sugar and spice." The others with a smirk agreed all in their intoxicated state.

Again, not saying that it's a bad beer, it possesses a lot less of my expectation in a double brew. I fear that it's more of a common style and is unrefined and is a step away from glory.

Intoxicationator: 1 and then move on.

Dangerscale: 30/100

"Placid like a half eaten chocolate coated granola bar."

*****************************************************
Song Listened too whilst consumed: "Numb feat. P-Money - Starkey."

Enjoy Responsibly (or not).

- Lore Danger, 26th October, 2011

*****************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment