Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BEERS WITH LORE #3


Lore was rad enough to send through some extra review's for us to enjoy over the next few days!


*****************************************************
BEER REVIEW
Sunday session with Friend of the Devil
Sunday, July 24, 2011

*****************************************************
Brewery: Old Slewfoot "Friend of the Devil" 
Make: Continental Style Ale
Volume: 7.7%
Per unit: £6.99

*****************************************************
The stitch-up

It was a long and anticipated drop. I was really excited to get stuck into this one. The presentation was fantastic; in a paper wrap, corked top with a cage, I felt like a superstar mooching on a cocaine baby-bottle. The unwrapping had begun, I poured the contents into the goblet of desire. The colour looked good and it had a shimmer to it. I stuffed my face in the glass and gave it a good sniff: Fruity, hoppy and bitter. All I could really pick out.

The taste is what confused me. It tastes so smooth, so nice and didn't punch me off my chair for once. I was surprised, really. Crispy like salad and hinted toward a champagne flavour, still keeping in an ale fashion. It was crispier than a TED* and left no trace on the tongue. Only to relive the experience after a hectic belch. 

To me, it had an odd ancient feeling about it. I cannot explain it. It seemed to me a little like two Egyptians pissing in the wind at each other or some god-like warrior slaying an Evil Beast. I think this would be a good beer to sit down with an read old stories to kids with… or stoners.  

Intoxicationator: 1 will be plenty. As it will rape your wallet if you buy more than one. 

Dangerscale: 45/100

"Probably not worth the price, but if you find it under 7 quid, give it a go."

*****************************************************
Song Listened too whilst consumed: "Bluto Fuck Popeye" Bloody Beetroots

Enjoy Responsibly (or not). 

Lore Danger,  24th July, 2011

*****************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment