Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MISSION WITH LORE

****************************************************
Skate memorial and homage
Friday, July 8th, 2011
*****************************************************

On the 8th Friday of July I went for a mission to the skate graveyard on one of the pillars on Hungerford bridge, near embankment underground station, Westminster, London. I had a broken deck, recently deceased, I decided i'd add to the cultural homage that's been coined the Skateboard Graveyard. I thought it was pretty cool. 

I went there during the afternoon, people everywhere. I got my camera out, took some pictures and then hurled my broken two-piece deck down to the memorial. It was a little bit of a show from my part, I have to admit. I was there with my new skateboard and camera, as people walked by I released the board, people looking at me in wonder and a little bit of shock! Then some were curious to why I did this and looked and discovered this chosen place and then immediately accepted that's what happens. And some were smiling at me after I did this. 




As I walked off the bridge, a scummy bum asked me if I had 10p, I then retorted and asked him if he did. He looked at me with a frown and was obviously confused. I continued to walk on. I then went and chilled out at the South-bank skate area under the bridge. This area used to be a construction area, now abandoned and heavily graffitied, it's the southern hub of London skaters, and it's in a damn cool location, if you ask me. 


I chilled there and took some photos of the skaters, talked to a fat black kid and he was cool. He was skating around and doing tricks. I don't know if it was just me, but it was funny watching him because he was fat. But he was a good lad. There were some notable skaters there and two pro's kicking wood. However, I didn't recognise them. People walked by and were enjoying the activity. It was a good atmosphere and fun. If you're in London, you love to skate, and are keen to graf' then this is your spot to check out, even if you don't, it's interesting to come see anyway.


I bailed and scooted off to get some beers and am now writing out the new beer reviews for you 7-ply-heads. Werd

P.S. I recommend a song to listen to: "Holy" by Mariachi El Bronx

Lore Danger10th July, 2011

*****************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment